Wednesday, February 22, 2012

It Gets Better

Warning:
I'm gonna get all churchy on you.

I don't know what you believe,
but if you don't believe in what I do,
and don't want to hear about it,
I would suggest you stop now.
(I love that I'm talking like someone is actually reading this. HA)

Hi, I'm McKenna
and I'm LDS.

I am not perfect,
and I don't pretend to be.
I'm not the kind of member that will shove my religion down your throat,
nor does it matter to me what religion you are.
If you are nice to me, I will be nice to you.

Since I moved out it has gotten really hard for me to go to church.
Not because I don't want to go.
I have to work on Sunday's a lot.

Because of this, I just wasn't feeling... like me?
It's hard to explain,
but it was like I wasn't as in tune with the spirit.

Frankly, I was unhappy.

I had to make some big decisions in December,
and the only way I could think to get through it
was to pray.

So pray I did.
For three days I prayed.
For hours.

I just needed answers.
I needed to be happy.

I got to go home for a week for Christmas
and the first night I got there
I was still confused.
So I asked my dad for a blessing.
And let me tell you,
if I had any doubts about if God knew who I was,
they disappeared the second he laid his hands on my head.

It was like everything in the room fell away,
and He told me exactly what to do.
And He gave me the strength to do it.

I would have never been able to do it without the reassurance that it was what was supposed to happen.

I can finally say I am truly happy.

Ever since then,
I have been way more in tune with the spirit.

It is an amazing thing to get the overwhelming feeling of the spirit,
and just know what to do.
And that everything will be okay.

I am beyond grateful for my parents
for raising me the way they did.
It hasn't always been easy for me,
but who knows where I would be now if it wasn't for them.
I am sooo grateful for my dad
and his ability to hold the priesthood.

I am one lucky girl.












No comments:

Post a Comment