Monday, July 25, 2011

Goodbyes

I hate goodbyes.
I'm not good at them.
I never know what to say.
Of course, when what you say means everything,
I freeze up.
And I usually say something stupid.
Or I start crying.
Thats the worst.
I'm not a very emotional person
but when saying goodbye, the flood gates release
and every tear that I haven't shed some how finds its way out.
It's the pits.
I just have to stand there like a fool,
or run away.

Luckily this didn't happen tonight.
With me moving out in a week (ish)
I am starting the terrible task of saying goodbye to friends.
I mean, it's not like I'm going to be gone forever,
or even that far away.
It's just not going to be as easy as a text,
or them showing up at my house,
to hang out.
So it still feels like goodbye.

Because of work schedules,
and the distance in which we live from each other,
tonight could just possibly be the last time I get to hang out with a good friend.
At least for a while.
We got something to eat,
went on a scooter ride,
watched some sweeeet fireworks,
and went to a movie.
We didn't talk about me moving,
or goodbyes at all.
I liked it that way.
Just being able to hang out without a clock counting down the time hanging over our heads.

And a pinky promise was all it took to calm me down.
We will still be friends.
Whatever it takes.

One week.
Too many goodbyes to go.

Why does it seems like whenever change is coming,
a big change, like say, me moving away,
everything in your life falls into place.
Your life can be a mess for 18 years
and when you get ready for change
everything becomes perfect.
You get a job you love,
with people you love working with.
You figure out who you need in your life,
and who you can live without.
You are finally happy,
when BAM
change.
Maybe its just me.


This had to be planned or something,
its soo close.
Most girls?
Gorgeous.
Lighting, field, dress, everything.
This was made for me?
Happens too often.
HA.
Or put everything in my closet.
These alone make me want to have kids.
My children will SO have these.

No comments:

Post a Comment