Monday, July 11, 2011

The Way I Am

I'm awkward.
I'm shy.
I'm clumsy.
I'm a listener.
I'm self-conscious.
I'm a lover.
I'm a tad anti-social.
I'm sarcastic.
I'm a reader.
I'm random,
maybe a bit ADD.
I'm a nerd.
I'm a dreamer.
I'm imaginative.

I'm McKenna.
Oh hi.

I see things differently.
Thats why I love photography.
People have asked me why I want to be a photographer
or why I love it so much.
Well, I finally have an answer.

It is my way of showing people the way I view the world.
I look at things as if it were to be a photograph.
Even the smallest things are beautiful to me.
A single leaf on a tree,
a wrinkle on a face,
or a blade of grass.
The way I see them is as if they are an artwork.

It may be weird to some people,
walking around looking at things as if through the lens of a camera,
but that is how I am.
Photography is no longer a hobby to me.
It has become a part of me.
It's how I live my life.

Theres something so fascinating,
so freeing,
about being able to take how I see things
and show other people,
to make them understand.

Without photography, I wouldn't be me.

Okay,
cue horrible transition to pictures of random things I like.
Go.

A slide,
in a house.
Yes please!

Take me there.

Lucille Ball knows whats up.
With my love for reading,
this will probably be my engagement photo.

Exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment